Character Strong Lessons
Download a journal page, a socially shareable image, and watch the daily video. Tag your posts with #deepkindness so we can follow your magic!
Week 1: Patience and Kindness
Give Back Film: RAK (2:09) (2:42) (3:03)
A series of films where a group of young men have decided to go out of their way to do Random Acts of Kindness toward strangers.
- How do people react to the random acts of kindness?
- Where does kindness get its power?
- Many of these examples involve giving things of monetary value. What are other things we can give to others that have just as much or more value?
- How do personal or social values foster or hinder random acts of kindness?
What is That? (4:13)
This a Greek short film made in 2007. An elderly father and adult son are sitting on a bench. Suddenly a sparrow lands across from them. The father asks the son, “What is that?” multiple times. The son grows more impatient each time. What the father does next is a beautiful lesson in patience through love.
Note: The video is very grainy.
- What lesson does the father teach his son?
- Have you ever had an experience when you lost your temper? What happened?
- How can you develop patience?
- How does patience demonstrate kindness?
- Course Catalog & School Profile (opens in new window)
- Dual Enrollment
- College & Career
- Montana 2-Year & Certification Programs
- Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- ACT & SAT Testing
- Student Engagement Opportunities
- NCAA & NAIA Eligibility
- Social & Emotional Supports
- Crisis Hotlines
- Suicide and Self-Harm Prevention
- Resources for Families in Need
- Handle With Care - Ronan School District (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.